POLAND, WEIRD AND AMAZING COUNTRY febrero 26, 2018 – Posted in: Países – Tags: construction, Poland
THE LARGEST PLANNED ROADS INVESTMENT IN EUROPE
There is still a lot to be done concerning to infrastructure. Poland has a few good roads, that’s why they are focused on the development of a modern transportation network. No other country in the continent planned road investments in a similar scale.
GENERAL DATA (2017)
– Inhabitants: 38,438 M
– Surface: 312 679 km2
– Unemployment rate: 6,5 %
– GDP (2016): 445716 M€ (1 858 637 Mzł)
– GDP per capita (2016): 11595 € (48208 zł, 1€ = 4,17zł)
– Invested GDP Public works: (2017)
– Minimum Salary (gross): 479,6 €/month (2000 zł – minimum by Polish law)
– Business Sector(1) Minimum Salary (gross): 1187 €/month (4950 zł)
(1) – companies with more than 9 employees
Poland’s 38-million strong consumer market is one of the biggest in Europe. The country has a favourable location, in the centre of Europe, where the main communication routs intersect, making possible to export goods to all European countries and reaching over 500 million consumers.
The country’s sustainable development has much to do with the its solid economic foundations. The global economic crisis has not harmed Poland, which is the only country in Europe to have avoided a recession, and additionally has developed at the highest rate on the continent.
In the next six years Poland has the chance to receive from the budget of The European Union about 100 billion euros. Within this amount, 67 billion will be allocated in infrastructures to minimize development differences between Poland and more developed regions in Europe.The national government and local governments successively improve the quality of existing roads, however, the rate of change across the country is small, but it needs an acceleration. The membership of Poland in the European Union and the beneficial results of the Polish economy give them the chance of a rapid acceleration of these works in the following six years. Without road development, the development of the whole country could not be carried out. Modernizing and expanding the main highway and expressway network of the country are one of the priorities in the Polish development strategy for the coming years.
This is the infrastructures network, in green the constructed highways and in red the planned highways to be constructed to complete the infrastructure network.
CIVIL ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY COMPANIES
They made a lot of projects from pre-design phase, concept, building and executive design also with cooperation with construction companies when there is a lot of new contracts working on design & build rules.
Worldwide companies (mostly with headquarters in Warsaw but some of them have smaller offices in cities like Cracow, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Poznan):
– CH2M (headquarter in Cracow)
– EGIS Poland
And some others not so well-known as Tebodin SAP-Projekt, Halcrow, Schüßler-Plan Ingenieurgesellschaft, TPF Sp. z o.o., Multiconsult Polska
Polish companies are smaller but also with big experience in the Polish market: Transprojekt Gański, Transprojekt Warszawa, TRAKT, Promost Consulting, IVIA, Mosty Katowice…
CIVIL ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
Budimex (Ferrovial Agroman)
The subject of activity of the Budimex Group are widely understood construction servicesassembly in general contracting in the country of poland and abroad, real estate development and property management and a small extent activity commercial, production and transport and other. In addition to running a business Budimex plays a role in the group advisory and managerial centre and financial.
– In 2016, the Budimex Group companies have signed construction contracts with a total value of PLN 5.7 billion.
– Portfolio of orders Budimex Group on December 31, 2016: PLN 8.9 billion, which had an increase of 6% compared to the end of 2015.
Skanska is present in the Polish construction market since the beginning of the 1970s and works in all construction areas. In 2016, the Company employed over 7.4 thousand employees. It implements office buildings, residential, commercial and industrial. He also specializes in road investment, bridge, railway and hydrotechnical. They have built in Poland among others: “Złote Tarasy” in Warsaw, terminal arrival at the Katowice International Airport in Pyrzowice, a section of the north A1 motorway and a water reservoir in Świnna Poręba. Revenues of Skanska S.A.:
– In 2016 amounted to PLN 3.8 billion
– In 2015: PLN 4.4 billion
Present in Poland since 1987. The main companies within the STRABAG group in Poland are STRABAG Sp. z o.o. and Strabag Infrastruktura Południe Sp. z o.o. The main areas of activity of those companies are general construction: infrastructure, bridge and railway. STRABAG is also present in other sectors, such as hydrotechnical building and energetic, and facility management services.In 2016, the company recorded a decline revenue of 22.7% compared to the previous year, reaching the amount of PLN 2.5 billion.
Polaqua (Dragados), Mostostal Warszawa (Acciona Construccion), Trakcja, PORR Polska Infrastructure S.A., Mota-Engil Central Europe, Mirbud Group, Salini, OHL, Rubau Polska Sp. z o.o., Aldesa Construcciones…
SUBCONTRACTOR // SPECIALIST COMPANIES
There are many specialist companies in the country, the most important ones are Polimex-Mostostal, PBG Group, Freyssinet, Erbud, Unibep, Elektrobudowa, Warbud, Mostostal Zabrze Gropu, Mosty Łódź, Kobylarnia,….
DATA OF INTEREST ON THE COUNTRY
– Currency: Polski Złoty. (zŁ) € 1 = € 4.17 (January 2018)
– Security: safe country, without terrorist attack, no problem in this regard
– Health; Public for citizens and permanent residents, not for residents with temporary or contract visas.
– Schooling; Public, high level.
– Fuel Price: 10% cheaper than in Spain.
– Climate: Due to its extension, there is great variability within the country, very variable rain.
– Average selling prices of apartments December 2017 (zŁ/m2): In this map the selling prices of the main cities of the country, in blue the primary market and in orange the aftermarket
– Average renting prices of apartments December 2017
MOST RELEVANT TOURISTIC POINTS
Poland is a country with a large number of tourist and sport opportunities. The diversity of landscape and natural wealth, together with the wide range of recreation forms, ranging from sea sports through lake yachting, skiing and mountain climbing attract tourists from all over the world. Recreational tourist opportunities may effectively be completed with elements of Poland’s rich cultural heritage and history.
– Kraków (+Wieliczka Salt Mines)
– Gdańsk (Baltic Sea, Westerplatte, Gdynia, Sopot)
– Zakopane (Morskie Oko Lake, Tatry Mountains)
Warsaw (Capital City), Łódź, Poznan or Wroclaw are other interesting point to visit in Poland
Marek Kondrad, Marcin Dorociński, Marian Dziędziel, Arkadiusz Jakubik, Jacek Braciak, Olał Lubaszenko, Bartłomiej Topa, Maciej Stuhr, Anbdrzej Hyra, Cezary Pazura, Bugusław Linda, Daniel Olbrychski.
Krystyna Janda, Karolina Gruszka, Kinga Preis, Izabela Mico, Izabela Scorupco, Weronika Rosati, Alicja Bachleda-Curuś, Agata Buzek.
Famous cinema directors & their best productions
– Andrzej Wajda – „Pan Tadeusz”, „Popiół i diament”, „Zemsta”, „Wesele”, „Katyń”
– Roman Polański – “The Pianist”, “Carnage”, “The Ninth Gate”
– Jerzy Hoffman – „Potop”, „Ogniem i mieczem”, „Pan Wołodyjowski”,
– Krzysztof Kieślowski – „Dekalog”, „Podwójne życie Weroniki”, „Trzy kolory”
– Henryk Sienkiewicz – The Nobel Prize in Literature 1905
– Władysław Reymont – The Nobel Prize in Literature 1924
– Czesław Miłosz – The Nobel Prize in Literature 1980
– Wisława Szymborska – The Nobel Prize in Literature 1996
– Jan Kochanowski,
– Aleksander Fredro,
– Adam Mickiewicz,
– Eliza Orzeszkowa
Alberto Cristóbal: MSc Civil Engineering UPM